It's been killing me that I haven't been working on any projects lately. I'm currently in the process of moving to a new apartment, so the workbench is being packed up. I'm going to use the time to finish a few article drafts that I have mostly written, mostly about my RC Tank project. I have one from a year ago that I haven't even finished yet!
Here's what can be expected on the site during the next month or so.
- Next article: the tl;dr version of "Richard Stallman's 22-page rider" as it's popularly called.
- It seems to have become big either yesterday or the day before. I know most people won't read it, but I did. There are a few gems in there.
- The next few parts of my current projects
- Homemade ribbon (sort-of) cables for the RC Tank
- Math involved in creating the Distance-based Camera
- A cheap hack or two
- My hoodie sock-pocket from school
Also, once in the new apartment, I already have a new project or two to do. Here are a few ideas I have.
- Night light that turns on when it's dark
- I know these exist, but I want to make my own cheaper, more powerful version
- Clocks that automatically synchronize with every other clock in the apartment
- Bathroom mirror that reports the time and weather through one-way glass
These projects won't be done for a while, if at all. The mirror project is especially unlikely.
Until I have my hardware spread out over my new dedicated lab/workshop (W00T!), learning everything I can about Gentoo Linux and writing firmware for these future projects will have to keep me entertained.