String Converters v1.1
While I was using my ASCII, binary, and hexadecimal converters, I decided that converting one file at a time isn't practical. So, I modified them so I can drag multiple files onto the icon and all will be processed.
Because I made changes to six source files and had problems compiling them, I figured I should test them more rigorously to see if there were any logic problems. So, I threw together a unit test in Perl. I actually found a problem that existed in the first version! When an ASCII file contains "\r\n" (an Enter character in Windows), the "\r" would be dropped. This has been fixed.
I am posting the new version executables and source files here. The source contains both the converter source code and the unit tests.
- Windows Executables (32-bit) - .zip file
- Linux Executables (32-bit) - .tar.bz2 file
- Linux Executables (64-bit) - .tar.bz2 file
- Source - .zip file
- Source - .tar-bz2 file
Please let me know of your experiences using these files.